- Prep your car a couple of days BEFORE the weather hits by setting the air pressure in the tires and filling with fuel.
- Check all under-hood fluids. We will happy to do this for you, free of charge.Be sure to use 50/50 mix antifreeze and snow melting (de-icing) windshield washer fluid if you top off!
- When you park Friday night, TURN OFF YOUR WIPERS< LET THEM STOP< TURN OFF THE CAR THEN FLIP YOUR WIPERS UP! IF YOU FORGET THIS STEP, BE SURE TO USE LUKEWARM WATER TO FREE THEM UP BEFORE YOU START YOUR CAR.
- If you use a key to unlock your car, brush the ice off of the key hole first. IF you skip this step and get it jammed, see step 5.
- If your door is frozen pour lukewarm water around the door to thaw it before opening. DO NOT simply yank on the door handle. You will break things.
- Allow your car enough time to warm up to thaw windows/windshield and get the ice cleared away BEFORE you put the wipers down.
- Always remember to drive easy in snowy weather. Lots and lots of following distance, don’t make sudden brake, throttle or steering wheel maneuvers, and SLOW DOWN!!! Drive and BE safe!
If you break something you can always call us at 643-2559, or if you need towing we use Kessler’s at 851-3984. Be safe!